When was the last time you took a day off, gathered the troops, and played tourist in a city near you?
Wheelz Niagara staff know from experience how much fun it is to visit attractions in a nearby town, especially when someone else is doing the driving!
Our expert planners have recently been expanding their list of suggestions for playing tourist in our own backyards.
Toronto – also lovingly called Hogtown; Muddy York; T.O.; T-dot, or The 6 – is fewer than two hours’ travel time from Niagara, and offers families loads of choices for fun and memorable experiences.
Wheelz planning experts have gathered together a few choices for events happening during the upcoming holiday season, plus we have expanded our list of regular attractions appealing to groups of family and friends.
* Black Creek Pioneer Village, offering family Christmas weekends Nov. 18-19, 25-26, Dec. 2-3. Other Christmas-themed events, like Storytime with Santa and Sunday Christmas Dinner, will also be offered weekends in December.
* Volta by Cirque du Soleil, playing in Toronto under the Big Top at The Port Lands, until Nov. 26. Tickets start at $49.
* Toronto Santa Claus Parade, Sunday, Nov. 19, beginning 12:30 p.m. at Christie Pits, ending at St. Lawrence Market. Combine your parade trip with a visit to the market for awesome treats and specialty food items.
* Toronto Christmas Market at the Distillery Historic District, Nov. 16 to Dec. 23. See website for various times.
* The Toronto Chocolate Festival. Nov. 1-30 at various locations. Featuring events like the Chocolate High Tea, the Chocolate Relay or the Chocolate and Pastry Fair.
* Gourmet Food and Wine Expo, Nov. 16-19 at Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
Choose other special events, like theatre or other entertainment, by visiting the events calendar of Toronto.com, HERE.
* CN Tower and downtown sites;
* Ontario Science Centre combined with Toronto malls or other sites;
* Ripley’s Aquarium Toronto;
* Toronto Zoo;
* Royal Ontario Museum;
* Hockey Hall of Fame;
* NHL hockey and NBA basketball games, and
* The Eaton Centre combined with a visit to Nathan Phillips Square for skating
While you are in the city, don’t forget to view seasonal windows in department stores; enjoy hot chestnuts from a street vendor; pop in to specialty shops for unique shopping; visit a cafe or craft brewery; enjoy a delicious dining experience or a stroll through the St. Lawrence Market.
Your driver will meet you at your pick-up spot at a pre-arranged time, and you can collapse into our comfortable shuttle and have a nap on the return trip to Niagara.
Wheelz’ door-to-door service means you don’t have to worry about traffic, about parking, about putting gas in your car or even keeping your eyes on the road, if you don’t want to!
Our drivers are experienced in highway travel, and are graduates of DriveWise commercial driver training. Wheelz’ shuttles carry 407 transponders to reduce time spent in traffic tie-ups. Shuttles are also equipped with power inverters, phone chargers and even beverage coolers, along with standard first-aid kits and fire extinguishers.
So, go ahead, pick your attractions and plan your mini-vacation today. Wheelz Niagara planners are ready to put you on the road to a great time with family and friends!
Take a look at available day trips or airport, train and bus transfers by clicking HERE. Or, send us a message via our contact page to request more information. Use our “book now” button to add group details and information, or to request a custom quote.
Alternatively, give us a call at 289-296-1966.
We’re Wheelz Niagara, and we can’t wait to help you play tourist in another city!
I have now used Wheelz as my wine tour service a few times and it just seems to get better and better. From setting up the tour ( very timely responses and very accommodating) to the actual day and driver ( Daryl is great ). Thank you Wheelz - best service in the Niagara area as far as I and my friends are concernedJohn, Oakville See More