There is no denying the fact that winter can seem long.
Getting a little break in the form of a February long weekend can deliver the illusion of a mini-vacation to your family, right in the middle of winter’s worst weather. Since 2008, Canadians in several provinces have enjoyed a statutory holiday with a purpose: To celebrate family.
Family Day this year happens Feb. 19. If you haven’t thought about all the great things you and your family can plan, Wheelz has you covered! If you have never considered using a driver service, Wheelz offers timely pick-ups; comfortable transportation for you and five guests; freedom from parking and traffic hassles, and an easy return to your home.
Of course, you can customize any trip you like with Wheelz’ flexible custom drive option – visit our destination lists and suggestions, or come up with your own and let us price it out for you!
Here are a few suggestions for great family outings:
* Plan a ski trip, a tobogganing adventure or family hike, and pair it with a trip to a great family food destination.
* Not a fan of the weather? Choose an indoor fun place, like Sky Zone in St. Catharines, and let everybody jump to their heart’s content. Add in a trip to the movies, or a fun themed restaurant, and you will have filled up the weekend with memories.
* Play tourist in your own city. If that’s one of Niagara’s 12 municipalities, check out the Niagara Parks website for ideas, and plan to let Wheelz do the driving!
* Want to go a little further afield than home base? Consider a trip into Toronto or Buffalo, where attractions abound and the opportunity for family fun is endless. Consider trips to:
- The Royal Ontario Museum;
- The Ontario Science Centre;
- The Art Gallery of Ontario;
- An NBA game – the Toronto Raptors;
- An NBL game – the Niagara River Lions;
- An OHL game – the Niagara IceDogs;
* Area malls offer attractions such as movie theatres and arcades; Niagara hotels offer other attractions too, such as water parks, shopping and entertainment. In Niagara, think Canada One Factory Outlets; the Outlet Collection at Niagara NOTL; the Pen Centre; Seaway Mall; the Walden Galleria, and the Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls, N.Y.
If your family unit is a little smaller and doesn’t involve children, may we suggest a post-Valentine’s Day romantic getaway or day trip? A winter hike and a picnic can be romantic, and we would love to take you and your partner to the great outdoors. Wheelz’ experts know of several great places for outings like this, such as Ontario parks, conservation areas and Niagara walking, riding and cycling trails. Wineries and the tours and events they offer can completely fill a day or even the whole weekend. Select from Wheelz’ list of more than 80 Niagara wineries and craft beer establishments, and let us help you plan your Family Day tour.
Having trouble deciding what to do or where to go? Get some ideas from the Attractions Ontario website, where there may also be coupons that save you money on your entrance fees. Wheelz Niagara would love to be part of your Family Day weekend! We’ll pick you up on time at home; drive you and five guests comfortably to your events; pick you up when you’re done and return you home safely – no traffic worries; no parking; no problem!
From anywhere to Niagara; from Niagara to anywhere … We’re Wheelz Niagara, and we take you places!
Used Wheelz for a transfer from Toronto to Niagara Falls on 10 July. I was impressed by the company even before we used them. Our tour in Niagara had a change of start time so I had to contact the owner Steve before we left Australia. He was busy but promised to call me back which he did. Very impressed considering he had to bear the cost of calling me on mobile in Australia. Our driver was Harold. He was on time, friendly and gave us a lot of interesting information on our trip to Niagara. Our daughter wasn’t feeling well before the trip and he was happy for her to nibble on food on the journey and was happy to stop if needed, which luckily we didn’t need. Gave us a quick tour of Niagara before dropping us off at our hotel. Very impressed by this company and would not hesitate to recommend them or use them again if we were ever in Niagara Falls again.Happy Tourist from Australia See More